We want to celebrate all the accomplishments of our 8th graders. The Orchard Hills PTO has planned the following 8th grade activities. We are giving you this information in advance to help with planning and budgeting and to remind you that all students must be academically and socially eligible to participate in these activities. We also want you to keep in mind that things may change based on COVID restrictions mandated by the district and state.
Promotion Ceremony (QUAD)
Thursday, May 19th, 2022 @6pm(DOORS OPEN AT 5:30PM/Students arrive at 5:15)
- Tickets will be distributed Friday, May 13th in their CORE class
- Each student will receive 4 complimentary admission tickets for family members to attend the promotion ceremony.
- Each family member must have a ticket to enter the promotion ceremony in the middle school quad.
- Due to the number of students in the graduating class, we can accommodate more than 4 guests per student.
- Parking will be available on the street (Variance issued) and in the back lot. VIP parking is reserved in front of the Gym.
- Dress is semi-formal
- Please don't bring balloons as they obstruct people's view.
- Promotion duration is about an hour and half, but people may linger for photos.
CLUB OH (MPR + Outdoor space)
Friday, May 20, 2022 @ 7PM - 9:30pm
- The party will be held in the MPR. We will also be providing a space outside for the students. The cost is $35 per student, which includes dinner, dessert, DJ, photo booth, games, etc. This will be a fun night for the students to celebrate with their friends.
- The party will be at night; however, this is NOT a formal event. Attending students must follow all dress code guidelines which are outlined in the Orchard Hills Code of Conduct.
- Tickets can be purchased at the office.
Disneyland Trip (Ticket orders are now closed)
Monday, May 23, 2022
- Buses will leave Orchard Hills in the morning around 8:15 AM and return around 6:30 PM. Please check in with your 1st period teacher.
- Students MAY NOT be dropped off at or picked up from Disneyland. Students must take the bus from and back to school.
- The cost will be around $115 (+ transaction fees) per child which includes a Disneyland admission ticket and round trip bus transportation.
- Students should bring additional money for food and miscellaneous items. Disney does take cash purchases.
- Students not attending the Disneyland trip will still need to come to school as usual.
Yearbooks Signing Party/Last Day
May 27, 2022
There will be more detailed information to come, and if there are any changes to the above schedule or cost, we will inform you as soon as possible. Please continue to check the Orchard Hills PTO website for up-to-date information. Email email@example.com with any questions.